Each industry has a minority of people who give it a bad name, by providing a service; In the case of PAT tests, we refer to them as Sticker Jockeys they are not PAT testers, they are time consuming.
They may have the qualification to say they are a PAT test, they may even have done the job for a long time, but they are not genuine PAT testers that industry insiders would recommend.
Who is Sticker Jockeys?
They are people rushing around a website testing as many things as they can in as short a time as possible to make as much money as possible. I say testing in the inverted comma because they tend to do is one of two methods:
They will complete the test of approx. 10% of your electrical appliances and then plaguing the results over the remaining 90% of the items
They will not do any electrical or visual tests on any devices at all
Any of these you work for you are: